The MSW Traditional Program (61 hours) can be completed in a full-time or part-time format.
Full-time enrollment is 5 consecutive semesters or 2 years.
Part-time enrollment is 9 consecutive semesters or 3 years. Part time is ideal for individuals who are working and balancing multiple life demands.
Students are required to complete two field experiences. The first internship is a generalist placement (consisting of 432 hours) focusing on the acquisition and development of generalist practice skills using a strengths perspective. The second internship is an advanced clinical placement (512 hours) focusing on the development of advanced clinical social work practice skills
Curriculum Requirements (61 hours)
- SOWO 7000: Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare (3)
- SOWO 7800: Human Behavior and the Social Environment (3)
- SOWO 7060: Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families (3)
- SOWO 7090: Advanced Social Welfare Policy (3)
- SOWO 7070: Social Work with Groups and Communities
- SOWO 7700: Foundations of Social Work Research (3)
- SOWO 7920: Generalist Field (10)
- SOWO 7020: Psychopathology (3)
- SOWO 7030: Evaluation in Social Work Practice (3)
- SOWO 7010: Advanced Clinical Practice (3)
- SOWO 7930: Advanced Field (12)
- SOWO 7950: Integrative Seminar (3)
- SOWO Electives (9)
Download a sample plan of study.