Welcome to the School of Communication and Journalism at Auburn University. Thank you for your interest in our programs. To learn more about our degree offerings, please visit the program’s webpages:
Did you know? The School of Communication and Journalism has almost 1,000 students in its four undergraduate majors and master’s program. Because of our size, students apply for admission to our majors. The undergraduate application process was developed to help ensure that CMJN students are afforded the best education each program can provide given available resources.
Incoming first year students and transfer students, upon being accepted to Auburn University, are considered pre-majors until officially accepted into one of our programs. Once you meet eligibility requirements, you apply to the major of your choice. The number of students accepted into a program varies based on several factors, including the number of current majors, anticipated number of graduating seniors, and anticipated faculty resources. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are eligible as admission is not guaranteed.
Learn more about requirements and the application process.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information. Additional questions should be directed to the program director.
- Communication, Dr. Mike Milford, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Journalism, Dr. Justin Blankenship, email@example.com
- Journalism-Sports Production, Dr. Justin Blankenship, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media Studies, Dr. Ed Youngblood, email@example.com
- Film (Visual Media), Dr. Ed Youngblood, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations, Dr. Michail Vafeiadis, email@example.com