There is a place for you in choral music at Auburn University! We have a uniquely diverse program which includes an assortment of traditional and non-traditional/specialty choirs.
- Chamber Choir: Auburn’s premiere choral ensemble of approximately 45 highly-select singers
- Concert Choir: comprised of the Women’s and Men’s Choruses
- Conductors’ Chorus: a lab chorus designed to provide an ensemble that the choral conducting students can conduct
- Men’s Chorus: a select group of approximately 30 men that sings standard choral literature for male voices
- Women’s Chorus: a select group of approximately 40 women that sings standard choral literature for treble voices
- Gospel Choir: a select group of approximately 50 singers, instrumentalists, and dancers
- Sonic Nation: a Commercial Music Ensemble that performs all styles and genres directed by Professor Jilla Webb and Professor Patrick Bruce
- University Singers: a highly-select show choir consisting of 36 singers, plus instrumentalists
Auburn University Opera
Faculty members train singers in the art of opera singing and acting. Students learn and perform scenes, arias, and ensembles from the operatic repertoire each semester.
- Opera Workshop: a select group of singers who perform solo, duet, and ensemble selections from the standard opera repertoire
Announcements and News
Auditions for participation in the AU Choirs include: Auburn University Gospel Choir, Conductors’ Chorus, Women's Chorus and Men's Chorus occur by appointment. Please contact Dr. William Powell at email@example.com or 334-844-3166 to schedule a time. Choir auditions are open to all Auburn University undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of major or minor. Auditions are ten minutes in length and they occur in 114 Goodwin Music Building.
PRIOR to the audition, students should enroll in the choir(s) for which they plan to audition. Please click the below link to view course enrollments.
(Read more about choir auditions)