Welcome to Communication Disorders
Celebrating 50 Years of Continuous Accreditation!
The Department of Communication Disorders (CMDS) at Auburn University has been accredited since 1965, making it one of the oldest training programs to be accredited in the U.S. We offer the highest quality undergraduate preparation for students aspiring to graduate programs in speech language pathology or audiology. Our CMDS graduate programs have also been distinguished as the highest ranked training programs in the State of Alabama (U.S. News & World Report) and they have achieved near 100% employment for our graduates over the past three years (see Outcome Measures).
Check out the links above for undergraduate and graduate programs in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology. Spend some time looking at the faculty webpages to learn about the innovative research, clinical specialization and outreach activities that are being conducted throughout the CMDS department.
- Dr. Clark-Lewis presents at newborn screening conference
- Auburn audiology students working in Guatemala
- Communication Disorders study abroad in London and Dublin
- Larry Molt, Associate Professor, chosen for College of Liberal Arts Engage Scholar Program
- Dianna Tingle, Class of 2018 Doctor of Audiology student
- Martha Wilson to address 2015 Annual Conference of the Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Re:Research with Drs. Laura Plexico and Mary Sandage from the Department of Communication Disorders
- Inaugural Study Abroad Program for Speech Language Pathology