Handshake is the primary platform where Auburn University students can find jobs, internships and connect with employers. It’s also where you can find career resources, schedule career coaching appointments, learn about career paths, and register for career events with recruiters, career coaches and alumni.
Handshake for Students
- Get started. Sign in with your Auburn username and password.
- Complete your profile. The more information you provide, the more tailored information you will receive based on your preferences. Here are 3 Must-Haves for your Handshake Profile.
TIP: You’ll need to decide whether to make your profile public or private. Just getting started and not ready for others to see your profile yet? That’s ok! Start by building your profile and then change your setting to “public” when you are ready.
- Attend a career event. We hold workshops, networking events, panels, career fairs and recruitment events each semester where you can connect with career coaches, Auburn alumni and industry leaders.
- Click “Events” in the top left corner.
- Find an event, click “Register” to let us know you’re coming, and see who else will be there too!
- Find your next internship or job.
- Click “Jobs.”
- Use the filters (select “All filters”) and / or the search bar to help you with your search.
- Access career resources. You’ll find exclusive online resources only available through internal subscriber links found in Handshake.
- Click “Career Center” in the top right corner.
- Click “Resources."