The Leadership Fellows Program provides students with opportunities to work alongside faculty and administrators to hone your leadership skills and make a difference on campus and in our communities. Fellowships are open to undergraduate and graduate students, and those selected participate in a unique leadership project. Fellows work an average of five hours per week during regular university work hours.
To be eligible for the Leadership Fellows Program, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in CLA as an undergraduate or graduate student. Undergraduates must be pursuing a minor in leadership or community and civic engagement. Graduate students must be engaged in coursework that emphasizes outreach, marketing, communications, media, leadership or civic engagement.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- Be able to work a minimum of 5 hours per work during regular university work hours.
Leadership fellows receive $800 per semester for a total of $1,600 per year. Payments are made at the end of each academic semester.
The position is for the 2021-22 academic year, although duration is dependent upon positive job performance.
How to apply:
Your application must include the following:
- letter of interest outlining your qualifications
- copy of your resume, including at least two references with contact information
- writing sample
- copy of unofficial academic transcript and your 2021 fall semester schedule, including classes, work and/or other regular commitments