Tuition and Fees
Cost of attendance includes tuition and registration or student services fees and an estimate of average costs for books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and personal expenses. Learn more about estimated tuition and costs at Auburn University Student Financial Services.
University Scholarships and Awards
Information regarding the scholarship application process and deadlines is available on the university scholarships page. All students must apply through the Auburn University Scholarship Opportunity Manager (AUSOM).
Undergraduate Departmental Scholarships
The Department of History offers a number of scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Apply through the Auburn University Scholarship Opportunity Manager (AUSOM). AUSOM allows you to search, review requirements, apply, and accept awards for available scholarship opportunities.
History scholarships include:
- Lesley A. Warren Scholarship: Awarded to a rising junior or senior history major who plans to travel abroad prior to graduation.
- Josephine Fountain Baxter Endowed Scholarship: Awarded to a history major in conjunction with the Spirit of Auburn Scholarship Program in accordance with the program guidelines.
- Wesley Phillips Newton, Jr. Endowed Scholarship: Awarded to a history major with a GPA of at least 3.5, preference for a student interested in aviation history or Latin American history.
- Oliver Turner Ivey Scholarship: Awarded to a history major who has completed at least the core history sequence and has a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Marguerite E. Scharnagel Scholarship: Awarded to rising senior history majors.
- Ruth Fountain Heard Scholarship: Awarded to a rising senior history major with an outstanding record of academic accomplishment.
- Ethel Illges Woodruff Scholarship: For an outstanding rising senior history major, preference for applicants who reside in the Chattahoochee River Valley of Alabama and Georgia.
- Robert Rea and Gordon Bond Scholarship: Awarded to an outstanding rising junior history major.
- Julia M. Kerlin Scholarship for Study Abroad: Provides support for a history major participating in a College of Liberal Arts Study Abroad Program.
Undergraduate Departmental Awards
Several awards ranging from $50 to $200 are available from the Department of History directly. These awards are not administered through AUSOM. Undergraduate awards include:
- Colonial Dames Award: Awarded for the best original research paper in the field of American colonial history.
- Distinguished Undergraduate History Major Award: Awarded to outstanding history majors.
- Caroline F. Kicklighter Award: Awarded to an outstanding history major.
- Ralph Brown Draughon Award: Awarded to an outstanding history major.
- George Petrie Outstanding Paper Award: Awarded for an outstanding paper on any topic submitted by a student or nominated by a faculty member.
- Malcolm C. McMillan Award: Awarded for an outstanding paper on any topic submitted by a student or nominated by a faculty member. Award given in even numbered years.
For more information about history awards, contact the director of undergraduate studies.