PhD, University of Wisconsin–Madison
MA, University Of Maine
BA, California State University, Monterey Bay
broadcast history, media and cultural studies, audience and fan studies, media industries and labor, gender and sexuality
- “Must Tweet TV: ABC’s #TGIT and the Cultural Work of Programming Social Television,” Transformative Works & Cultures, 26.
- “The Golden Girls Live: Residual Television Texts, Participatory Culture and Queering TV Heritage Through Drag,” Feminist Media Studies, 16(5), 838-851.
- “Reconfiguring Radio Drama After Television: The Historical Significance of Theater 5, Earplay and CBS Radio Mystery Theater as Post-Network Radio Drama,” The Historical Journal Of Film, Radio And Television, 36(4), 649-667.
- “This American Franchise: This American Life, Public Media Franchising and the Cultural Work Of Legitimating Economic Hybridity,” Media, Culture And Society, 38(3), 450 – 461.
- “Podcasting And Its Apps: Software, Sound And The Interfaces Of Digital Audio.” The Journal of Radio & Audio Media, 22(2). Co-authored with Jeremy Morris.
- “Fracturing Tina Fey: A Critical Analysis Of Postfeminist Television Comedy Stardom.” Communication Review, 15(3), 232-251.
- MDIA 4200: History of American Broadcasting
- MDIA 4220: Women & Mass Media