PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
modern Chinese literature, language, film, and drama
- 邂逅密敌：汪曾祺的《复仇》(Chance Encounter with the Intimate Enemy: Wang Zengqi’s “Revenge”), Pan Li潘莉, tr. Contemporary Writers Review《当代作家评论》1 (January 2020): 48-54.
- “Negotiating the National and Transnational in Glen Goei’s Films: The Confucian Patriarch and the Return of the Prodigal Son.” Asian Cinema 31.1 (2020): 17-36.
- “Gao Xingjian and Soul Mountain.” In Ming Dong Gu, ed. Routledge Handbook of Modern Chinese Literature. New York: Routledge, 2018, pp. 580-591.
- “‘Diary of a Madwoman’ Traversing the Diaspora: Rewriting Lu Xun in Hualing Nieh's Mulberry and Peach." Modern Chinese Literature and Culture 26.2 (Fall 2014): 38-88.
- Fragmenting Modernisms: Chinese Wartime Literature, Art, and Film, 1937-49. Leiden: Brill, 2013.
- “Mandarin Ducks at the Battlefield: Ouyang Yuqian’s Shifting Reconfigurations of Nora and Mulan.” CHINOPERL Papers 29 (2010): 45-104.
- “Spring in a Small Town: Gazing at Ruins.” In Chris Berry, ed. Chinese Films in Focus II. London: British Film Institute, 2008, pp. 205-11.
- “Imaginary Sites of Memory: Wang Zengqi and Post-Mao Reconstructions of the Native Land.” Modern Chinese Literature and Culture 20.1 (Spring 2008): 72-128.
- FLCN 1010: Elementary Chinese I
- FLCN 1020: Elementary Chinese II
- FLCN 2010: Intermediate Chinese I
- FLCN 2020: Intermediate Chinese II
- FLCN 3010: Chinese Composition and Conversation
- FLCN 3020: Chinese Composition and Conversation II
- FLCN 3050: Chinese Cinema
- FLCN 3450: Topics in Chinese Literature and Culture
- FLCN 3510: Introduction to Chinese Culture in English
- FLCN 3650: Survey of Modern Chinese Literature
- FLCN 3750: Survey of Traditional Chinese Literature
- FLCN 3930: Directed Study in Chinese