Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the honor society of the National Communication Association. It is fully accredited by the Association of College Honor Societies. This honor society was established in 1985 and now has more than 400 active chapters. LPH is represented at Auburn University by the Omicron Zeta chapter.
Spring: March 4, 2022
All applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Inductees are notified by email and names are posted on the LPH Board located at the main entrance of Tichenor Hall.
- Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) was established in 1985 at the University of Arkansas.
- It extends to over 400 active chapters at numerous colleges and universities across the world.
- LPH became a part of the National Communication Association (NCA) in 1988, and the official honor society of the NCA in July 1995.
- LPH is an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS)
- LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
Goals of LPH
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies.
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication.
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication.
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students.
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
Requirements for Acceptance
- 3.0 cumulative GPA with 60 semester or 90 quarter credit hours completed.
- 3.25 GPA for communication studies courses with 12 semester or 18 quarter credit hours completed.
- Be in the top 35% of your class.
Auburn University’s Chapter
- Auburn’s chapter, Omicron Zeta, was chartered Dec. 15, 2002.
- Dr. Angie Chung is the Chapter advisor of the society.
- Chapter dues are $55. This fee includes a lifetime membership in LPH, a personalized induction certificate, a LPH lapel pin, and graduation honor cords.
Last Updated: April 21, 2022