Become a Friend of the Department of Art & Art History
The Department of Art and Art History enriches the lives of its students and the Auburn Family through transformative experiential instruction, innovative artistic practice, and ground-breaking art historical research.
We provide students with a challenging and supportive atmosphere in which to conduct insightful and high-impact scholarship and develop the practical skills to be competitive in professions within and beyond the arts and culture sector.
Change lives. Create opportunities for excellence.
Alumni and friends of the Department of Art and Art History generously support our exceptional instructional, research, and service programs. Make a gift to Auburn today to help to sustain and build our programs as we mentor the next generation of artists and art historians.
It was a great honor to be recognized for my hard work, and it really helped me financially. I was able to purchase more art history books and to travel to see an important exhibition at the High Museum."
Please consider contributing in one of the following areas:
- Scholarships & Awards: Support students with outstanding promise and need to pursue premier academic experiences.
- Visiting Artist & Scholar Series: Expand our ambitious program of internationally prominent artists and scholars.
- Materials Fund: Provide the next generation of artists, art historians, and educators with the world-class equipment they need to compete globally. Your $1,000 gift will purchase:
- 30 bags of clay for our ceramics students
- 3 easels for our painters
- 2 digital cameras for our photographers
Receiving scholarships had an incredible effect on what I was able to produce as an artist. It allowed me to be more creatively ambitious with my projects. Materials as a painter can be expensive. It is hard to imagine that I would have been able to produce nearly as much work during my years at Auburn without the scholarships. It was great motivation — working hard to get it, and likewise working hard because I earned it."
Other Ways to Give
The Department of Art and Art History can also be supported through planned gifts and bequests made through wills, retirement plans, life insurance plans, and revocable trusts.
Donations may also include lifetime gifts, such as charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable lead trusts.
To learn more about giving to the Department of Art and Art History, contact a member of the College of Liberal Arts development team:
- Kelly Ard, Director of Development
firstname.lastname@example.org / 334-844-8718
- Carrie Carpenter, Development Officer
email@example.com / 334-844-1962
Last Updated: August 17, 2020