Master of Science in Industrial and Organizational Psychology:
The Master of Science in Industrial-Organizational Psychology will start Fall 2017. Application deadline will be March 15. Please see our MS section for more information.
Student and Faculty Achievements
- Anna Lorysi successfully defended her thesis entitled: "Development of a Work-Life Balance Scale: Perceived Effectiveness and Satisfaction across Roles".
- Paige Hartman successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam, and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Elissa Hack successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam, and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Paige Hartman received an Outstanding Graduate Student Award from Auburn University's Graduate School.
- Hairong Li successfully defended her thesis entitled: "Newcomer’ Trait Affectivity and Social Assimilation in Organizations".
- Sadie O'Neill successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam, and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
- Dr. Jesse Michel received the 2016 Editor Commendation from the Journal of Business and Psychology for his article
Michel, J. S., Newness, K., & Duniewicz, K. (2016). How abusive supervision affects workplace deviance: A moderated-mediation examination of aggressiveness and work-related negative affect. Journal of Business and Psychology, 31(1), 1-22.
- Lu Zheng successfully completed her General Doctoral Exam, and advanced to doctoral candidacy.
Melissa Stuhlman successfully defended her thesis entitled "The Moderating Effect of Attachment Styles on the Relationship between the Ability to Identify Criteria and Interview Performance" (November 15, 2016)
- Dr. Franco-Watkins was elected to serve as the I/O Program Director starting Sept, 2016. The I/O program is appreciative of Dr. Svyantek's leadership, and wishes him continued success with his increased administrative responsibilities at Auburn University as Senate Chair.
- I/O Graduate Students: Elissa Hack, Paige Hartman, and Anna Lorys were each awarded a Small Research Grant from Department of Psychology to support their research.
- Dr. Franco-Watkins was selected to receive the Lloyd and Sandra Nix endowed professorship in the College of Liberal Arts. The three- year appointment is effective January 2017. The award includes an annual salary supplement of $15,000.
- Dr. Svyantek has been elected as Auburn University Senate Chair for 2017-2018. He will serve as chair-elect in 2016-2017 before taking on full chair responsibilities the following year.
- Dr. Jinyan Fan received the competitive Provost-Funded Professional Improvement Leave. He will be visiting Dr. Filip Lievens’ lab at the Psychology Department of Ghent University in Belgium during Spring 2017. He will work with Dr. Lievens on issues related to situational judgment tests.
Last Updated: May 26, 2017