AU Singers Fall Auditions Dates
The Auburn University Singers will have their final auditions on August 14-16.
Auditions for AU Singers vocalists will be held in Goodwin Music Building, Room 112 just before the beginning of Fall Semester. Auditions are open to any AU student.
Pre-semester auditions are on the following dates and require a pre-scheduled appointment via email only (phone calls cannot be returned) with Dr. Farmer (email@example.com):
August 14 6-8 pm
August 15 1-5 pm
August 16 10:30-12:30 pm
If necessary, call backs will be August 16, 4-6 p.m. and August 17, 7-9 p.m. Be certain you leave these dates open.
Audition requirements are as follows:
1. All those who audition will be asked to fill out an information form and sign a contract stating they understand and agree to the requirements of group participation.
2. Each student should prepare a very short solo (not more than 2 minutes). This song can be ANY style, but should reflect your greatest vocal strengths. It can be with or without accompaniment. While we do not provide an accompanist, you are welcome to bring your own. This portion of your audition will be video recorded. We will provide media equipment for CD tracks and mp3 files.
3. Each student will be taught a 16-count dance combination and then asked to present the combination alone. This portion of your audition could be video recorded.
4. All students will be vocalized to determine range.
5. The director will play a combination of 4 or 5 tones and each student will be asked to sing the tones back as part of tonal recall.
6. Each student will be asked to sight-read a short vocal passage.
Shortly after the last audition date, all those who audition will be notified by email whether they have been selected to participate in the Auburn University Singers for the upcoming school year.
Auditions for instrumentalists are held during the first week of fall semester. Look for announcements in campus media (Tigeri, WEGL 91.1, University computer screensavers, etc.) for exact dates and times.
Further questions can be directed to Dale Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: July 22, 2014