- December 16, 2015
- High School Band All-State-Workshop January 9
The Auburn University All-State Workshop is designed to help interested students enhance their audition and performance skills for the AMEA All-State auditions. The registration fee is $25 before January 1, 2016, and $35 after January 1.
- December 14, 2015
- Online Ticket Sales Begin January 13
Advance tickets for any department-sponsored event will be sold for $10 for both general admission and students. $5 tickets will only be available at the door. Click for more details.
- December 3, 2015
- AU Singers Performing Fall Show on Dec 4 and 6
Under the direction of Dale Farmer, this exciting show will feature Broadway tunes, radio hits, and holiday favorites.
- December 1, 2015
- Concert Band Concert Wednesday Dec 2
Directed by Corey Spurlin, the Concert Band is expected to sell all available 340 seats in Telfair Peet Theatre on Wednesday at 7:30 pm.
- November 16, 2015
- Four Large Ensemble Performances This Week
Guests are invited to join us for performances by the Opera Workshop, Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Combos, and the Symphonic Winds. Read the article for more details.
- November 11, 2015
- Strings Featured in Orchestra and Chamber Music Concerts
The Auburn University/Community Orchestra and Student Chamber Ensemble concerts (November 10 and 12, respectively) will highlight the growing string area of the department.
- November 5, 2015
- AU Brass Ensembles Concert on Monday, Nov 5
The Auburn University Trombone Choir, Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble, Dean’s Brass Quintet, and Trumpet Ensemble will perform Monday at 6pm and 7:30pm.
- Guest Lecture: "A Neuro-Music Experience: How and Why We Listen To and Perform Music"
Dr. Tim Brimmer of Butler University will present this lecture to the general public at 10 am on October 29 in Goodwin Recital Hall.
- Auburn University Chamber Choir Performs with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra
The CSO performs Beethoven’s monumental Ninth Symphony “Choral” on Saturday, October 24 at 7:30ET. The Auburn University Chamber Choir joins forces with the orchestra and other choirs in the infamous 4th movement, one of the most enduring and recognizable themes in music, "Ode to Joy." With 160 voices on stage, this is not to be missed.
- October 15, 2015
- Faculty Guitarist Ikner to Perform on Monday, October 19
An active soloist and chamber musician, Joseph Ikner’s program will include repertoire from the Renaissance, Japan, Spain, and Latin America.
Last Updated: January 18, 2013