Sigma Delta Pi
Sociedad Nacional Honoraria Hispánica
(National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society)
"Spanías Didagéi Proágomen"
Call for Applications for Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honorary Society
Academic Year 2016-17 Initiation
Deadline for submission of application: Thursday, March 9th, 2017, 12:00 Noon.
The 2016-17 induction ceremony will be Thursday April 6th at 5:00pm in Haley Center's Eagles' Nest South, with optional dinner following at 6:30pm. Inductees must be present at the 5:00pm ceremony to enter the organization. No exceptions. Next ceremony: spring 2018.
For more information, please contact Dr. Pedro Cebollero, the advisor for Sigma Delta Pi, at email@example.com , or 6066 Haley Center.
- Before you complete the application you need to read the Sigma Delta Pi requirements stated on the AU Foreign Languages and Literatures Department website. Click here to access the National Sigma Delta Pi requirements.
- Click here to access and print an Application. With this application, please submit (a) a personal copy of your complete AU course transcript that you can print yourself, and (b) a money order, written to Sigma Delta Pi, for $40.00. Credit and debit cards cannot be accepted. Cash and checks will be returned. Only applications with transcript and money order will be processed. If your application is accepted and you do not show up for the ceremony, Sigma Delta Pi will not be able to refund your money. A money order can be obtained at most banks and post offices.
- Your money order includes the ceremony cost, the national membership dues, a pin, and a certificate (it does not include a graduation cord) The banquet dinner is optional and extra, and will be paid directly to the restaurant by each attending student. Please make all money orders out to Sigma Delta Pi. The $40 money order must be turned in with the application. If the application is denied, the money order will be returned.
- Turn in completed applications with money order and transcript to Dr. Pedro Cebollero’s office, located at 6066 Haley Center, by Thursday March 9th, 12:00 Noon.
- To be initiated into the AU chapter of Sigma Delta Pi, you need to attend the April 6th induction ceremony. Should you qualify for Sigma Delta Pi, but not be able to attend the ceremony, you will need to wait until the next induction, in the spring of 2018, and your money will not be returned.
The Sigma Delta Pi (Theta Delta chapter) inductees for the academic year 2015-2016 are, from left to right: Esther E. Grubbe, Taylor Giller(Secretary-Treasurer Elect), Marina García Rodríguez (President Elect), Katherine Fallon (Vice-President Elect), Alejandro del Barrio, Amanda Darnell, and Gabriel John Curran.
For more information
Last Updated: February 09, 2017
6064 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849