Sigma Delta Pi
Sociedad Nacional Honoraria Hispánica
(National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society)
"Spanías Didagéi Proágomen"
Call for Applications for Sigma Delta Pi National Spanish Honorary Society
Academic Year 2017-18 Induction
Firm deadline for application submission is Friday, April 6th, 2018, 12:00 Noon.
The 2017-18 induction ceremony will be Friday April 20th, 4:45pm, in Eagle's Nest South, 10th floor of the Haley Center, with optional dinner following at 6:00pm. Inductees must be present at the 4:45pm ceremony in order to enter the organization. No exceptions. Any schedule conflicts with other activities should be solved by the student before s/he applies. Next ceremony: Spring 2019.
For more information, please contact Dr. Pedro Cebollero, the advisor for Sigma Delta Pi, at email@example.com , or 6066 Haley Center.
- Before you complete the application you need to read the Sigma Delta Pi requirements stated on the AU Foreign Languages and Literatures Department website. Click here to access the National Sigma Delta Pi requirements.
- Click here to access and print an Application. With this application, please submit (a) a personal copy of your complete AU course transcript, printed by yourself (that is, not an official copy), and (b) a money order, written to Sigma Delta Pi, for $40.00, including your name. Personal checks, credit card payments, or debit card payments cannot be accepted. Cash will be returned. Only complete applications with transcript and money order will be processed. Otherwise, materials will be returned.
- Your payment includes the ceremony cost, the national membership dues, a member's pin, and a certificate (it does not include a graduation cord, which you can pay for on your own after induction). The banquet dinner is optional and extra, and will be paid directly to the restaurant by each attending student.
- Turn in completed applications with money order and transcript to Dr. Pedro Cebollero’s office, located at 6066 Haley Center, by Friday, April 6th, 12:00 Noon. No late applications will be accepted, since materials have to be mailed to the National Office by April 6th in order for the ceremony to be on April 20th.
- To be initiated into the AU chapter of Sigma Delta Pi, you need to attend the Friday, April 20th, 4:45pm induction ceremony. Should you qualify for Sigma Delta Pi, but not be able to attend the ceremony for any reason, you will need to wait until the next induction, in the spring of 2019, and your money will not be returned.
The Sigma Delta Pi (Theta Delta chapter) inductees for the academic year 2015-2016 are, from left to right: Esther E. Grubbe, Taylor Giller(Secretary-Treasurer Elect), Marina García Rodríguez (President Elect), Katherine Fallon (Vice-President Elect), Alejandro del Barrio, Amanda Darnell, and Gabriel John Curran.
For more information
Last Updated: March 20, 2018
6064 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849