Requirements for the English Major
The English Major consists of 36 hours of English (ENGL) courses, 18 of which must be at the 4000-level or above.
The English Major has three parts:
- English Core (9 hours)
- Linguistics or Rhetoric (3 hours)
- Globalism, Sustainability, and Diversity (3 hours)
- Literature course (3 hours)
- Major Track (18 hours). Students choose from either
- English Electives (9 hours) These can be any three ENGL courses not required in English Core or Major Track. No more than one of these courses can be from the 2000-level.
The English major now includes a minor!Your minor can be in English or in another College of Liberal Arts department. Additionally, English majors must now earn a minor in a field that will help the student achieve his or her career goals. College of Liberal Arts minors are listed on the CLA website. Students also can minor in fields outside of the College of Liberal Arts; see individual college websites for more information.
For more information
Last Updated: August 19, 2013