Requirements for Admission:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA; however, the students we accept to our program typically have much higher GPAs. Students who are admitted to our program have an average GPA of 3.6 or higher and have an average GRE score of 300. Writing scores should be higher than 3.
- GRE Scores (submitted to Auburn University Graduate School and CSDCAS)
- ETS Institution code for Auburn University is 1005
- ETS code for CSDCAS 7807
- Three professional letters of recommendation submitted electronically through CSDCAS
- 1-minute video describing the value and importance of Speech Language Pathologists.
- For more details on how to record see the section on video recording
How to Apply:
Application to Auburn University’s Communication Disorders Dept. requires that you complete both the electronic application through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) AND the online application to the Auburn University Graduate School. Here are specific steps:
(Note: GRE scores must also be submitted to the Graduate School at Auburn University, ETS Institution code 1005)
- Apply online through CSDCAS (http://www.capcsd.org/csdcas-student-page/ ) and submit all required information, documentation and payment.
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended must be sent to CSDCAS.
- Transcripts should be sent to this address: CSDCAS Verification Department, P.O. Box 9113 Watertown, MA 02471.
- International Student Applicants*: All international applicants must submit official transcripts to the AU Graduate School in addition to CSDCAS.
- For international students whose native language is not English, the TOEFL must be taken and submitted to both CSDCAS and AU Graduate School
January 15th is the annual deadline for applications to the graduate program. To be considered for admission, all materials need to be submitted to AU and the CSDCAS no later than January 15th.
Questions concerning the electronic application process, including receipt of materials, should be directed to CSDCAS.
CSDCAS, P.O. Box 9113, Watertown, MA 02471
Coursework requirements for those without a degree in CSD:
Applicants who do not hold a Bachelor's Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders will be considered for admission and required to complete an additional year of CSD coursework. See the following prerequisite list for requirements.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- Language Development
- Language Disorders
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Articulation Disorders
All admitted students will need to complete content in the following areas before or during the MS program.
- Physical science: Chemistry or Physics preferred
- Social Science
Each applicant should submit a video. Each applicant must submit a 1-minute video recording of him or herself that describes the following:
- The value and importance of a speech language pathologist
After completing your video on your preferred device, please upload it to YouTube. If you do not have a YouTube account, you will need to create one.
- When you log into YouTube.com click Upload in the upper right hand corner.
- The you will need to either drag and drop or select the video file from your computer or device.
- Please check and make sure your video IS NOT set to "private" or we will be unable to view it. It must instead be "unlisted". This unlisted setting will also ensure that the video is not listed in a way for the entire world to see and easily find.
- Name your video with your last name
- Submit your YouTube link/URL by cutting and pasting it into the "Questions" section of the CSDCAS application.
- If you are applying for an assistantship, please complete the assistantship application form and provide a resume and an essay describing why you qualify for an assistantship.
- Please upload the application into the documents section of CSDCAS
Download the application
For more information contact:
Dr. Laura W. Plexico, Communication Disorders Graduate Program Officer
1219 Haley Center, Auburn University, AL 36849-5232
Last Updated: October 06, 2016