Welcome to Communication Disorders
Message from our Chair
All of us in audiology and speech-language pathology are excited to have you look over our program! Our AU Speech and Hearing Clinic first opened its doors in 1947 and we are primarily located in the 1100 Quadrant of Haley Center.
The Department of Communication Disorders offers an undergraduate major in pursuit of your Bachelor of Science degree. This pre-professional degree prepares you for graduate study in audiology and/or speech-language pathology. Our graduate programs include a Doctor of Audiology (AuD) and a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology (MS/MCD).
If you are interested in the services of the Speech and Hearing Clinic please see the clinic link at the top far right of the menu bar. We offer a variety of speech and hearing services to both children and adults.
If you are an alumnus of Auburn’s CMDS program please view the department news and recent events. We welcome our incoming students into the undergraduate and graduate degree programs. We wish them success in their studies. We also send you our warmest regards and hope that you will keep in touch and/or visit us soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional information or to plan a visit. Whether you are a student, client, alumnae, or visitor you are welcome to the Auburn University Speech and Hearing Clinic and CMDS Program. WAR EAGLE!
Nancy Jeanne Haak '79
- Re:Research with Drs. Laura Plexico and Mary Sandage from the Department of Communication Disorders
- Inaugural Study Abroad Program for Speech Language Pathology
- Adopt-a-Band Hearing Conservation Program
- Grant-funded Research in Voice
- Weidner Lecture Series Launched
- Cydney Ennis participates in Symposium
- Students Invited to Present at Conference
- Auburn Audiology in Guatemala 2014