Academy for Civic Engagement
The Community and Civic Engagement Initiative within Auburn University's College of Liberal Arts announces the annual Academy for Civic Engagement (ACE) for faculty in the arts and humanities.
Date: ACE will take place in Auburn, Alabama from May 9-11, 2017.
Schedule: The Academy will include a rigorous and invigorating schedule of speakers , workshops, working sessions led by Engaged Scholars from Auburn University, and CCE project site visits. The Academy will conclude with a reception at the Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts & Humanities (Pebble Hill), 101 South Debardeleben Street, Auburn, Alabama 36849
Cost: The Academy for Civic Engagement is limited to 25 participants. Early bird special: If applications are received by February 1st the fee will be $900. After February 1st, the fee will be $1,100 per participant. Multiple registrants from one institution are eligible for a discounted fee. The fee is waived for participants from Auburn University.
The following resources are included in the cost:
• Breakfast and lunch each day
• Parking fees
• Keynote speaker presentation and consultation
• Ongoing networking and feedback
• One on one time with professional mentors
• A flash drive with digital learning materials
• Hard copies of learning materials
• Transportation for site visits
• Food and drinks provided at networking reception
• One copy of the book "Scholarship in Action"
• One copy of the book "Civic Professionalism: A Pathway to Practical Wisdom"
• Goodie bag with supplies such as pens, note pads, t-shirts, cups, and other items
• Certificate of completion and CEU credits
• And much more!
Credits: Upon completion of the Academy, attendees will receive a certificate issued by the AU College of Liberal Arts and, if requested, CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
Location: The Academy will take place at the beautiful and historic Caroline Marshall Draughon Center for the Arts & Humanities (Pebble Hill), 101 South Debardeleben Street, Auburn, Alabama 36849
Application Deadline: Early bird deadline is February 1st, last deadline is February 24, 2017.
Application: Download the application here.
Information: For more information, contact Dr. Giovanna Summerfield, Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, email: email@example.com, phone: 334-844-2890
The College of Liberal Arts' Community and Civic Engagement Initiative is proudly partnered with
Auburn University is the recipient of the "Community Engagement Classification" by the prestigious Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Last Updated: December 14, 2016