CLA Facts and Figures
- Fall 2013 Enrollment:
3,410 undergraduate students
456 graduate students
- Average ACT of Incoming Liberal Arts Freshmen – 26.4
- Average GPA of Incoming Liberal Arts Freshmen – 3.73
- U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks programs in the Department of Communication Disorders among the top 50 in the nation.
- The Department of Psychology has the largest outreach and service portfolio at Auburn University and awards the most PhD degrees.
- Randy Beard and Macy Finck from the Department of Economics were recognized by the Princeton Review in its annual “Best 300 Professors.”
- The College offers new minors in Community and Civic Engagement, Africana Studies, Asian Studies and Global Cultures.
- For the 2013-2014 academic year, the College of Liberal Arts awarded over $584,000 in scholarships to more than 280 students.
- The College of Liberal Arts offers numerous study abroad opportunities including programs in Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Costa Rica, England, Ireland and China.
- College of Liberal Arts students have received prestigious national awards such as the Mitchell Scholarship, the Harry S. Truman Scholarship, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship and the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship.
- The Women’s Leadership Institute sponsors the annual Extraordinary Women Lecture Series which has brought prominent women leaders such as Lilly Ledbetter, Maya Angelou and Gloria Steinem to Auburn’s campus.
Last Updated: February 05, 2014